Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NOROvember


Well, in the theme of this month's challenge, I have gotten off to a strong start, and have decided that I am going to knit the Flair Cardigan by Wendy Benard. I like the simplicity of the pattern and think that it will be wonderful for my Silk Garden Light. There are no cables or intricate patterns to get lost in the stripes and color variations in the yarn and will be a nice, quick project that may just be a fun knit.

However, while reading the instructions for the project, I found that it called for a heavy worsted weight yarn, and the Silk Garden Light was a DK weight, so I knitted up a gauge swatch and found that on the size 7 needles it called for, I would loose 1/4 of an inch every four inches. So I went up in my size needles to a size nine and found that the needles were just perfect for the gauge required.

After that I just had to cast on and begin knitting.

I can't believe how fast it knit up, I completed the raglan shaping of the shoulders and began working on the front. within two days. However, when I saw the colors of the yarn, I decided that the buttons I had picked out were not going to look right on the sweater and I needed diffrent buttons for it. Bummer, because I really liked those buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment