Monday, November 16, 2009

NOROvember: Part 3

After completing the body of my sweater, I began to work on the sleeves. However, I found that the stripes on the sleeves were coming out wider than expected. I went with it though, mainly because I thought it was interesting, and I liked how it showed the color transitions smoothly, giving the Noro the attention it deserved.

Finishing the sweater went quickly, I worked from the center of the ball out I (I usually work from the outside of the ball in) to add the collar, and followed with a neat pressing of the whole thing using a damp washcloth and an Iron on the wool setting. I finished it by sewing the buttons that I found at Jo Ann Fabrics on it.



I had two balls of the Noro Silk Garden Light left over, which I used to knit a pair of Berry Hill Fingerless mittens by Liz Thompson. While knitting I added three complete pattern repeats to the arm and one pattern repeat to the hand so that the mitts would cover my knickles and keep more of my wrist and arm warm while wearing them.

Overall, the texture of the Noro Silk Garden Light was not very soft in the ball, but while knitting, I found that the knitted texture knitted up quite softly. I will still wear a shirt under the sweater theough.

I am happy to say that I found a project for my six balls of Auroura. With this yarn, I will be knitting a lace tam and scarf set by Susan Rainey. I just how that I can finish it by the end of the month.

Anyhow, the wind is blowing really hard outside, and I don't want to risk a power surge to my computer. (Ah fall and winter in the Pacific Northwest) So that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment