Monday, November 9, 2009

NOROvember: Part 2

At this point I have knitted almost all of the body and have added six extra increases to the sweater to accommodate my hips and belly, which I hope will soon get smaller with my diet. I love this sweater so far and love how it is turning out. I especially love the idea of knitting from the top down, as I can try the sweater on as I knit, making sure it fits me before I get too far into it and find I need to knit a larger size which will lead to me swearing and ripping it out.

I especially like that the sweater is knitted in one piece, meaning that there are no sleeves to set. Which is especially good if you hate it when your armholes always end up that 1/4 of an inch too big. Also all the stripes match up on this sweater because it is knitted from the neck down, that way my pink stripes don't become blue stripes across my back. Which can make for some very interesting looks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment