Thursday, November 19, 2009

Across the Sound: Churchmouse Yarns and Tea

Bainbridge Island has always been known for it's small town atmosphere, beautiful scenery, and upscale shops. Chruchmouse Yarns and Teas is not the exception.

The shop is tucked around the corned from the Blackbird Bakery on Madrone Lane, the first thing I noticed was a collection of beautifully knit shawls adorning the front windows, each beaufiully and skillfully knitted by patrons of the shop. I had to stop and admire them for a moment before entering the little white door, and stepping into a knitters paradise.

Once inside, I was greeted warmly by the staff and offered full assistance by one of the ladies working the store. I declined any immediate assistance, but accepted it again later when I needed additional skeins of Punta Yarns Merisoft to knit myself a nice fall colores sweater. I was especially happy to find that the Merisoft was the featured yarn of the month, which saved me ten percent off the purchause (check their websits for future yarns of the month).

I took some time to look aroun the shop for a while and found a literal treasure chest of wonderful yarns and notions. Their selection of luxurious cashmere and silk yarns draw you in with their beautiful colors and sfot textures, while their wonderful collection of sock yarns by Noro and Blue Moon Fiber Arts wow you with their beautiful colorways. I was very pleased, as well, by their extensive of Rowan Yarns and books. I kicked myself for not making notes as to the future Rowan projects I wanted to work on.

Their selection of books and patterns were well organized, as well as all their knitting needles. This proved to the customer that the staff took a great deal of pride in the store, and made even the most novice of knitters feel comfortable.

I even further indulged my fiber addiction with some Kiogu to make a scarf from a Chruchmouse Yarns origional pattern that I found neat.

I would have spent more time just browsing the store, ad taking in all they hadd to offer in teas, and needlepoint projects, but the stormy weather outside was getting worse, and I had to catch the ferry back to the Seattle side of town. I can say however, that I plan to make a future trip across the sound to that little yarn store with the great selection on Bainbridge Island soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment