Friday, October 2, 2009

Adventures In Handspinning: Moreno/Tencel

Recently I handpainted my own blend of 50/50 Moreno and Tencel but, after seeing the results I became uninterested in spinning it. I honestly think it was the purple that I added to the greens and blues that threw me, because something just seemed amiss when I really looked at it.

However, the need to empty out my little spinning basket, combined with just being tired of staring at it, drove me to throw it on the ashford (Traditional) and spin it up.

And then A very funny thing happened.

I began to love the colors, even the purple.


I love how smothly the transitions between the colors blended, and how nicely the tencel feels as I work with it. It is so soft, and easy to draft, it almost wants to draft itself as I work. It is so pretty as a single, I can't wait to see how it looks when I spin it and make it into two-ply yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment