Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vacation Time: Part 3

Last night I was going to post this blog, but when we got back from our day at Disneyland, our hotel did not have power and I didn't have internet access. When we woke up this morning though, the power was back on and we were able to get a nice shower because we were sticky from our day of fun, and a nice breakfast.

Day 1:


We started out the day with a nice breakfast, I went for the fruit platter and Nick was suprised with Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. I guess now I am going to have to practice making these pancakes.

We boarded the shuttle and arrived at the park by ten a.m. and started out our day on main street. Before passing through Sleeping Beauty's castle, Nick got his first glimpse of the man that made it all happen, and the mouse that made him memorable.I don't know who was more excited, Mom or Nick.

After riding The Scary Adventures of Snow White, and Peter Pan's Flight, we had to stop before the Teacups and get Nick a set of Mickey Mouse Ears.

They even Embroidered them for him to make sure he would always remember this trip.

After the Teacups I had to have a bit of fun on my level, so I went off and rode the Matterhorn Bobsleds, and Mom and Nick went off and rode the Alice in Wonderland ride. Unfortunately for them, the ride broke down with them in it and they had to wait to be let off. And they thought they were going to have to wait for me.

Of course, we had to ride The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and another Disneyland staple, It's a Small World. And as I type this I am still trying to get that song out of my head. (Didn't I say I wanted to avoid that ride?)

With all that said and done, Mom decided that she couldn't hold out much more and went back to the hotel at around five in the evening, but Nick did not want to leave. Mom took the shuttle back to the hotel, and Nick and I hung out for the parade, and did a bit of shopping.


Day 2:

We started out the day with some of the rides we did not ride yesterday, and we were ready to go this day.


We got smart though, and figured out the Disneyland Railway station. The best way to get around that really huge park. We started out with some shopping, and worked our wat through Tommorowland, I even got Nick on his first rollercoaster with Space Mountain. Nick though, couldn't last as long as he did yesterday and after several rides, he got too tired and went back to the hotel at about three in the afternoon.


That left me some time to have a bit more fun on my level.



I wandered over to the California Adventure area and found the Tower of Terror and rode that up and down and back up again. I then weno on California Screamin, which was a blast too! I didn't have much time, becaue the lines for those two rides were pretty long, and they were closing the park on that side, I decided that it was time for me to get back to the hotel too, and that night we sat around watching Shreck and eating Chinese Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment