Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rowan Holiday

It's that time of year again, sleighbells, twinkling lights, beautifully wrapped presents with shimmering bows, and stressing ourselves out trying to keep the dog from lifting his leg to the Christmas tree (Yes, I know, we brought the toilet indoors). It's also that time of year the we return to the traditions that have ben handed down to us from generations before.

It was all of these thoughts passing through my mind that made me have to really sit down and think about this month's theme. i sat next to my fireplace with a nice cup of tea, when i looked down at the coffee table and saw the latest copy of Rowan Magazine. My solution was literally staring me right in the face. Why not have a month devoted to the gorgeous patterns found in Rowan Magazine? Genius!

And thus, Rowan Holiday came about, but what were the restriction to be?

I decided yarnwise, it would be and Anything goes sort of deal, But the patterns had to be from a Rowan Magazine. I was going to require Rowan Yarns in this theme, but after visiting several local yarn shops, I realized how expensive Rowan yarn is. (I have made plans however to knit a project using Rowan yarns, but that will have to wait until later.) Also, with Christmas just around the corner, my budget would never recover from that blow.

With all that said, I have decided to ease into the month by knitting the Lamarr Golves from Rowan Magazine 44. I want to knit them with luxurious Mongolian cahsmere and silk by Jade Sapphire. I now just need some really pretty buttons to go on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment