Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wild Fibers, Mt. Vernon

Well, with the promise of a Hazel Knits Trunk Show, I packed up my son and headed north to Wild Fibers in the cuite little town of Mt. Vernon. We enjoied the drive through Skagit Valley, sang along with the radio, and drank gas station coffee (I drank the road laxitive, not my son.)

When we got there, it was a bit of a bear to find a place to park, but we eventually found a spot a few blocks away, and we didn't mind because it gave us a chance to take in the town and all the really cool shops around Wild Fibers.

However, when we got to the shop, I was blown away by how nice everything was and how organized the entire shop was. Everything was neat and clean, and it was a really inviting place to just walk into. The staff was really friendly and made you feel like you could approach them with any question you had.

Needless to say, I ended up with three skeins of Hazel Knits Artisan Sock, including one skein of Wendee's newest colorway "Cherry Fizz". It was so bright and fun I could not pass it up. I even picked up a kit for the "Prickly" mitts designed by Melissa Goode (Stick Chick Knits), and can't wait to start them!

It was such a nice day, that I couldn't resist walking aroun downtown. You couldn't believe my suprise when i saw another LYS just down the road a bit from Wild Fibers. I didn't remail nong because the Store smelled bad inside, and is was so cramped it made me feel a bit clausterphobic after a while. I can't remember the name of the store, but I don't think I would go back there again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had as much fun as we did! I would definitely go back to wild fibers again.

    ReplyDelete