Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat

I know I should have posted this blog a few days ago, but I got a bit busy with other things and it slipped my mind. However, I am very happy to say that I made it.

We all woke up early on Feburary 14th, the last day of the show, and some of us were happier than others to go, but eventually we all got motivated. (One of us is definately not a morning person)


And I think John for telling me that I am number one when it comes to knitting and finding the best yarns out there.

Anyhow, we all arrived at the Hotel Murano in downtown Tacoma and were immediately greeted by many knitters and spinners all taking in the day, and treating themselves to some Valentines day happiness. with needles, yarn, and fiber.




Anyhow, as soon as we walked into the Fiber marketplace, I was overwhelmed by all the wonderful colors and textures I saw. I even needed some help in picking out the fibers that would be the most fun to work with.




It is a good thing I brought my little partner in crime (He helps me hide all the yarn and fiber that I buy) with me, or I would have completely overlooked that wonderful orange pencil roving at the Crown Mountain Farms booth. Good eyes Nick!


I eventually ended up buying from Abstract Fibers, Lollipop Cabin (I found some really fab sock yarn there) Linda's Knit and Stitch, Herndon Farm (I got a new spinners control card there), The Village Weaving and Spinning Shop (I got a new Niddy Noddy to replace my old one that I accidently cracked), Chemaleon Colorworks, and I got to browse some really great booths. I really wanted a skein of Goth Socks from Rainy days and Wolly Dogs, but they were all sold out by the time I got there. I at least know where to order it from now.



However with the yarn that I bought, I am still in a negative total for my goal to knit 10 kilometers by the end of the year. I am now currently left with -1394 knitted so far. I really need to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment