Friday, January 14, 2011

Love. This. Book.

When I put this book on order at Amazon.com a few months ago (It was backordered due to demand), I couldn't wait to get my grubby little hands on it. I own Cookie A.'s first book Sock Innovation, and have been drooling over her other patterns on Ravelry.com over the last year or so, but I never thought I would love a book of sock patterns this much.

OK, from reviews on Amazon.com, I read that some people are not pleased that there are only a few new patterns in the book, but I didn't care because I really wanted them anyway but never had the money to fork over to collect them one at a time. So buying this book just made sense to me.

From the time I tore open the cardboard shipping materials and loveingly opened the front cover I was already dreaming of knitting all of these socks, and the vividiy colored pictures were a great jumping off point for my daydreams,as well as my plans for how much sock yarn I was going to have to invest in. Each page was filled with clear, well written instructions on how to knit up each sock, with clear diagrams in the margins explaining sizing and chart placement. Each part of the projects were even labeled clearly.

The only down side to this book I could see, was that the projects were leaning toward being yarn hogs, and some knitters (including myself), sometimes don't have the money to go out and spend on two and three skeins of sock yarn to complete a project. It's a good thing that Hazel Knits offers quarter skeins though.

No comments:

Post a Comment